About our Teachers
Teaching is one of the most complicated jobs today. It demands a broad knowledge of subject matter, curriculum and standards, enthusiasm, a caring attitude, a love of learning, knowledge of discipline and classroom management techniques, and a desire to make a difference in the lives of young people. With all these qualities required it’s no wonder that it’s hard to find great teachers.
Here at Desert Adventist Academy we have great teachers!
I invite you to establish a dialogue with your child’s teacher and see how they:
- Start each subject with Christ as the center role model for all students.
- Set high expectations for all students without giving up on underachievers.
- Engage students and get them to look at issues in a variety of ways.
- Form strong relationships with their students and show that they care about them as people.
- Exhibit expertise in the subjects they are teaching and spend time continuing to gain new knowledge in their field.
- Present material in a way which instills a desire in their students to learn more on their own.
- Communicate frequently with parents through conferences, written reports, and phone conversations as needed.
We all look forward to demonstrating how Christ can work in everything we do each and everyday.